Wasserman Boxing revealed that Josh Kelly has signed a new multi-year deal with the company.
The ‘Pretty Boy’, ranked number 2 by the WBO at 154, is preparing for his June 24 showdown with Argentinean hardman Gabriel Corzo at the Vertu Motors Arena, in Newcastle, live on DAZN.
And today it was confirmed that Kelly and Wasserman Boxing extended their partnership, which began last year and has quickly seen the 29-year-old re-establish his career.
Josh Kelly said: “I am really happy to have signed a multi-year deal with Wasserman Boxing.
“I have loved working with Kalle, Nisse and the whole team and know that, with them in my corner, my career will continue to go from strength to strength. Winning the British title against Troy Williamson, at a packed-out arena last year, is a moment that I will never forget, but now we are ready to take on the world, starting on June 24 in Newcastle. Let’s go!”
Kelly vs Corzo headlines a night of boxing in Newcastle on June 24, with Liam Dillon and Qais Ashfaq battling it out for the vacant British super featherweight title, in the co-main event.
Kalle Sauerland, Global Head of Wasserman Boxing, said: “Josh Kelly is one of the hottest properties in the sport and there are so many massive domestic and international fights to be made for him, so we are thrilled he has put pen to paper on a new multi-year deal with Wasserman Boxing.
“Promoting Josh has been a dream but make no mistake, we are only just getting started with this man. In Newcastle on June 24, we start to take Pretty Boy to the next level.”
Leave a Reply